HUENDE
Legújabb bejegyzések
08.31.
Otto Potsch kiállításaA Kőszegi Művészeti Egyesület 2017. szeptember 1-jén, pénteken, 18.00 órakor nyitja a kiállítást, mely szeptember végéig látogatható. A megnyitón közreműködnek a Kőszegi Vonósok.
07.28.
Gustav Just (Wien): Török impressziókA Kőszegi Művészeti Egyesület nemzetközi kiállításának megnyitója lesz 2017. augusztus 3-án 18.00 órakor a Jurisics vár lovagtermében. A kiállítás augusztus végéig látogatható.
07.14.
A reformáció KőszegenAz időszaki kiállítás megtekinthető a Várkiállításban 2017. szeptember 30-ig.
06.02.
Kiemelt támogató a Kőszegi Várszínházban2017. május 31-én a Szerencsejáték Service Nonprofit Korlátolt Felelősségű Társasággal sikerült aláírni a Kőszegi Várszínháznak egy támogatási szerződést, melynek értelmében 1 millió Ft támogatást kaphat a színház.
05.29.
A pünkösdi hétvégén minden nap nyitva tartunk. Várjuk látogatóinkat a június 1-jével nyíló Vojnich Erzsébet és Szüts Miklós kiállításra, június 3-án 16.00 órakor a BE-JÓ Táncegyüttes évadzáró műsorára és Pünkösd Hétfőn 19.00 órakor a Kőszegi Vonósok koncertjére.

“Centuries of Kőszeg Castle”- a permanent exhibition

The fortress is also mentioned as Esterházy Castle after the family, which owned it for the longest period of time (over 236 years). The City Museum’s permanent exhibition, ‘Centuries of Kőszeg Castle’ is housed on the floors of its south and southeast wings.

1. Árpádian castles of Kőszeg



The first room shows the early history of the town beginning with the story of the Lower Castle together with the all-powerful city founders, the Kőszegi family, that operated their sometimes cruel oligarchy until Kőszeg was declared a royal town in 1328. The beginning of the Lower Castle’s construction can also be dated from that time.

2. Kőszeg in the 15th century



Indebted Kőszeg was redeemed in 1392 by Palatine Miklós Garai, the second most powerful and richest nobleman in the country. The castle was built during the feudal decades of the family who were great patrons of arts. Major transformation and development of the town were due to them which can all be traced back by means of animation and maps arranged in the hall. In the time of Matthias Corvinus, during the Renaissance castle makeover, extremely rare items of Italian majolica were brought into Kőszeg that can be viewed along with the objects of everyday life in the hall.

3. The standoff between the great powers of Europe in the 15th century



After the defeat in the battles of Nándorfehérvár and Mohács it became clear that the Hungarian line of defence had collapsed. Ferdinand, head of the Habsburgs and the leader of the Ottoman Empire, Suleiman the Great clashed in person for the first and last time during the 1532 campaign. Therefore, a clash with European importance was to be brought about in Kőszeg.

4. Suleiman’s 1532 campaign, the siege of Kőszeg



The fourth hall reconstructs the events of the famous siege of Kőszeg in 1532. Suleiman wanted to attack the Habsburgs in the territory of the German-Roman Empire so Hungary as an en-route land became the venue of clashes. The Turkish army finally decided to approach Vienna through West Pannon and Kőszeg. However, the sultan’s army withdrew from Kőszeg on the 30th of August 1532 because they did not engage in the battle against the imperial army assembled in Vienna.

Photos

5. The pledges of Kőszeg



The fifth room presents the significant pledges of Kőszeg, particularly the famous eponymous captain of the fortress, Miklós Jurisics and the restorer of the castle, the Széchy family. Visitors will learn about the legends and the true story about the traitor, judge Hörmann.

6. The Esterházys



The last room shows the Esterházy family, who owned Kőszeg Castle between 1695 and 1932, and their activities. During this period, the castle functioned as the centre of their domains. The castle, which once had better days, was turned into a granary and a stable. In the modern history of the castle the most important events were the fires of 1777 after which not all of the towers had been completed. The north wing and the courtyard were also rebuilt. The castle was used as a barracks for border-wardens from 1932 onwards.

Other attractions and curiosities in Jurisics Castle



  • There is an exhibition entitled Landlord's table and kitchen, which plastically presents the cooking and eating habits of the 12th-16th centuries.
  • One can acquaint himself with medieval weapons and clothing in the Armoury.
  • Films featuring the town and the history and values of the castle can be watched in the Knight's Hall.
  • The Historical Portrait Gallery of Győző Somogyi familiarizes visitors with the portraits and life stories of 100 heroes.
  • Győző Somogyi's permanent exhibition of pencil sketches of historical military costumes and armour can be seen in the corridor of the Knight's Hall.
  • A collection of stone sculptures welcomes visitors in the Castle Chapel.
  • The Western Tower of the castle can be visited from where you can enjoy splendid views of not only the historical city centre but the mountains surrounding it and their sights found on their peaks such as the Ó-ház Kilátó (the Old House Lookout), the Szultán Kilátó (the Sultan's Lookout) and Kálvária templom (Calvary Church).
  • A children's playground, archery and play yard invites the youngest ones on the ground floor.
  • In addition to the exhibition a castle-bazaar, bar and herb garden await the visitors.
  • We offer free VÁRMUSTRA (CASTLE PARADE) games for groups and families.

The city’s other major exhibition sites and museums:



  • Városi Múzeum (Tábornokház - Hősök tornya), City Museum (General House - Tower of Heros, Kőszeg, Jurisics tér 6.)
  • Arany Egyszarvú Patika (Golden Unicorn Pharmacy, Kőszeg, Jurisics tér 11.)
  • Fekete Szerecseny Patika (Black Moor Pharmacy, Kőszeg, Rákóczi út 3.)
  • Zwinger (Kőszeg, Chernel utca 14.)
  • Bechtold István Természetvédelmi Látogatóközpont (István Bechtold Conservation Visitor Centre - Kőszeg, Aradi vértanúk parkja)